- styrofoam balls, 3 sizes
- pipe cleaners
Depending on the child’s age, an adult should handle the knife and scissors. Even very young children can connect the balls with toothpicks and create features with pipe cleaners.
- With the knife, shave off the bottom of the large ball to make a flat surface.
- Using toothpicks, connect the balls: large ball on the bottom, medium in the middle, small on top for the head.
- With scissors, cut pipe cleaners to desired lengths. Shape into arms and other features. Stick into styrofoam snowman.
- Add a scrap of cloth for a scarf, if desired. Perhaps each person in the family can make a member of a snowman family.
- Also in the Winter 2006 Newsletter
- What I Hear from My Desk
- Seedlings Braille Books for Children
- Singing with Dad
- Easy Winter Craft – Snowman
- Rainy Day Activities
- National Braille Literacy Month
- Rotary Club of Lynnwood Awards Louis Braille School Grant
- Judge Rules U.S. Currency Discriminates Against Blind
- The Constant Giving
- A New Camera