The Edmonds Lions Club held its April 24, 2006 meeting at the Louis Braille School. Pagliacci Pizza, a neighbor to the west, donated pizza and salad.The School staff, two of whom are members of the Lions Club, honored Bobby Mills, the Club’s president at that time, with a surprise ceremony to thank him for his countless hours of volunteer service coordinating the remodeling and maintenance of the school building.
The ceremony included presentation of a certificate and a gold medal. The group serenaded Bobby by singing “He’s Been Working on the Schoolhouse,” a paraphrase of “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad.” The Lions took this opportunity to thank Bobby for his exceptional service as Club president for the last three years.
Many warm thanks to Bobby and the Edmonds Lions Club for making the school building a warm and safe place for our children.
- Also in the Summer 2006 Newsletter
- Andre Middleton – Lead Teacher
- Braille Camp 2006
- Introducing Julie LeMay
- House Approves Coin to Celebrate Louis Braille
- Everett Central Lions Club 62nd Annual Fishing Derby
- Pottery with Becky Bell
- French Song Singing
- First Annual Louis Braille School Benefit Auction
- How You Can Help
- Sno-Isle ADA Committee Meets at Louis Braille School
- Edmonds Lions Meet at Louis Braille School
- CWF Has Paper Shower for the School